Vigos Care is a mobile application for company health benefits backed with a tenant-based user management system. The core features of the app are:
- Managed and controlled employee registration and benefits using complimentary web app and configuration.
- Integrated consultation viewing of checkup records from partner clinics.
- A comprehensive list and map view of accredited doctors, accredited hospitals, and drugstores.
- In-app ordering of medicines with office address delivery.
- Order payment can be Cash-on-delivery, company health card, or GCash virtual wallet.
The development team responsible for bringing the project to fruition consists of two mobile developers, UI designer, and a back-end developer.
My primary role was to lead the React Native development. After the initial release, I took over the primary developer for back-end as well.
The primary tech stack is as follows:
- React Native – Android and iOS development.
- AWS Amplify – authentication and analytics.
- Python Django API – interface for openEHR, and e-commerce data.
- AWS Lambda and API Gateway – used for order notifications and GCash virtual payment processing.
- Acted as React Native lead developer with a team of two mobile developers, UI designer, and back-end architect to create a Healthcare and E-commerce mobile app. Converted Sketch designs to code, decided on which libraries to use, managed compatibility issues with iOS and Android, enforced best practices, and configured multiple environment setups.
- Integrated React Native deployment with Fastlane continuous deployment tool and bash scripts to manage app versioning for Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Deployed multiple app version for various stakeholders – test, stage/production, and bug trackers. Made laborious 1.5hrs manual deployment process to just 30mins automated upload.
- Stepped-in to fix slow e-commerce module and applied Redux and React Native best practices resulting in greatly improved UI response time from 500ms to 100ms.
- Implemented major mobile app modules such as authentication with biometrics login, text and location search, pagination, health/benefits breakdown, GCash payment, error/bug tracking, and analytics.
- Used Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for Redux reducers. Used Jest and configured test code-coverage report and unit tests having 90% code coverage for new/modified code for the first 3 months of app development.
- Developed, managed, and maintained multiple AWS Lambda functions and AWS API Gateway with the mobile app’s versioning.
- Worked on Python Django API to add core features (pagination and Geodjango), patched bugs, updated server data, secured implementation against vulnerabilities, and deployed new versions to AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Leadership and management
- Documented various development checklist, to-do’s, how-to’s, product workflow for e-commerce ordering and payment without the prior requirement from management or team.
- Encouraged colleagues innovation by creating “Tech Discussions” workplace group (internal) for sharing the best and latest articles that can be useful to the company. Proactively participated in brown-bag sessions.
- Reported to Chief Digital Officer during weekly project meetings.
- Setup team meetings with QA or domain experts for task breakdown, estimation, and test plans.