Web developer in a three-man team.
This is my first Ruby On Rails project / ReactJS project so I relied on the senior developer’s feedback quite a lot. Before that, I trained myself by taking online courses and reading a lot of documentation.
- React Redux React-Router: From Beginner to Paid Professional
- The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course
- Ruby For Programmers
The team worked remotely and communicated regularly on slack. We used GitHub review and pull requests before merging changes to the master branch.
- Headed in producing libraries in a form of gems on RubyGems.org, reducing the size of the project by 743.5KB.
- Spearheaded as a part of a three-man team for building a crew management application solution from scratch.
- Established leadership in finishing assigned tasks on time with 80% automated tests coverage for all code committed.
- Provided excellent management in developing authorization, crew salary, crew shift planning, and reporting modules.
- Collaborated with the team remotely and provided daily progress reports using the Slack and Google Hangouts.
- Led in using a wire-framing tool to design and conceptualize the requirements which were approved by the client.
- Completed Ruby On Rails and Ruby best practices from others by code reviews and with the use of Udemy online courses.
- Analyzed and reverse engineered all core requirements from scanned reports to clarify deliverables to the client.
- Utilized Behavior Driven Development practice (BDD) that saved a lot of regression bugs during product redesign.
- Coded after regular work hours to maximize progress, provide constant reports, and ensure a high level of commitment.